Friday, August 23, 2013

Texas again!!

It has been forever since I last posted on the blog!  I have been doing a lot of sewing and quilting, and a whole lot of other things too.  It feels like we have been to the moon and back while spending much of the last couple of months taking several family vacations!  Can't complain about all of great memories and family time we have though. 
 
The month of June was filled with summer school, and lots more showings on the house.  We, sadly, still have not found a buyer, but are now up to 26 showings, and I can honestly say I am so sick of cleaning my house and would love to live a dirty house for a bit! (Never thought I would hear myself say that!)
 
 
As soon as summer school was done, literally, we picked up Olivia from school, drove to the airport and hopped on a plane to Dallas,Texas.  We spent a week visiting my Aunt and Uncle once again and couldn't have had a better time. 
 
Shore Bag from The Tiny Seamstress
 
I made these bags to take along and left the chevron one with my Aunt. The pattern is the Shore Bag from the Tiny Seamstress and was fun, easy and quick to put together. They rolled up and fit suitcase nicely, and were much nicer to tote around for day trips than the bulky backpack I took on the plane, simply because it fit more and strapped to my back.
  

 
I also made lots of luggage tags, as we have never flown as a family together so there wasn't any need for these until this trip.
 

I made sever small zippered pouches for all of our plane tickets and paperwork, and also coin purses for the girls' spending money.
 
These drawstring bags were really easy to make and worked great for colors, games and snacks for some organization in the girls' backpacks.
 

And these were a couple of wall hangings that I made as a little thank you to my Aunt for all of her wonderful hospitality, but also for all the love and support that she has given me. 
  

 
This is a pattern from Camille Roskelley's new book, and I decided to try it in red, white and blue since we were staying in Texas over the 4th of July.
 
 
There are fireworks everywhere in the Dallas- Fort Worth metro, and EVERYONE goes to see them.  I have never seen such a turn out for this holiday, of which was just amazing to see the patriotism of Texans!
 
 

Dallas is such a fun city to visit.  We tried to take in as much as we could including the Fort Worth Stock Yards, Mesquite Rodeo, and the George W. Bush Memorial Library, and still tried to find time for lots of swimming and relaxing in the pool.
 

 
I'll have more of our travels soon, but I didn't want to have a picture overload, so that will have to be for another post.
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. I love your luggage tags! And your quilts are beautiful. I am so glad you stopped by my blog and got signed up for the Beauty Swap. I'll have partners out soon.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Rebekah can you email me at crystalcattleblog@gmail.com and I'll send you your Beauty Swap partner. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete