Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Creative Photography


 Last night I recruited my Mr. Amazing to help with my next blog post.  I wanted to be able to show you some pictures of some of my quilts, and not just with them laying on my living room floor.


So I packed up all of the quilts that aren't currently being used and headed a few miles away to "The Farm" a.k.a my in-laws. 


My husband farms with his dad. His parents live on the farmstead, and we live a few miles away on the edge of town.
We loaded up the John Deere AMT with some of my quits, headed out to adventure around the farm and find fun places to take some pics, while Grandma got some playtime with the girls.
So here are some of my favs!


This is my very first "real quilt". My Mom gave me all of the fabric, a cutting mat and rotary blade for Christmas the year that I got married. I cut it out with 12" school ruler because that is all I had for a straight edge at the time, and I had no idea there was such as thing as quilting rulers!


Jennifer Chiaverini's New Year's Quilt


"Royal Order" From American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine


This my favorite building on the farm- the old chicken coop.  It has tons of character, but it's only inhabitant now-a-days are the bees that have overrun it.

This quilt I actully stole off of my daughter's bed, but thought it would make some fun pictures.


I think photographing the quilts was almost as much fun as making them. Sorry there is a lot of pics, but I had a VERY hard time picking just a couple of pictures!  I had too much fun climbing around the farm with my Mr. Amazing finding some fun places to photgraph my quilts!  This is just a fraction of the quilts that I have made, but I have to save some things for another time.





3 comments:

  1. I love it! All of it! Your quilts are so beautiful, and the photographs of of them are awesome. You are so talented. I am so proud of you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Bekah! You do amazing work! The photography is just excellent, and the memories of you and Neil doing this will last for years. It will one day be your favorite part. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah, This post is awesome!! I love the way you photographed your quilts. It's probably so "everyday" for you to see those barns with that amazing chipped paint, but for the rest of us... we're drooling! Keep it up girl, you've got something good going! One suggestion... when you post your pictures, right click on them and make them large or extra large, those beautiful pictures deserve to be seen in full glory!

    ReplyDelete