Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Coffee Date



It's Friday again, and what an amazing week it has been around here.  First of all Happy Valentine's Day!  It sure is a special one in the Gustafson house this year! I was unplugged for four days last weekend, and am still trying to get back into the swing of things. I missed last weeks coffee date because I was having the most amazing time of my life! As I said in the last coffee date, that my husband was gone on a Men's Christian retreat, and that I would be gone the next weekend. My husband came home and changed man, so changed that he really started to scare me. Well, I reluctantly went, really missing my husband and my girls, but I tried to go with and open heart. I truly had a life-changing experience.  The best way that I can explain it is by telling you that I have been raised as a Christian, strict German WELS Lutheran to be exact. I was baptized when I was minutes old, went to church and a Christian school my entire life, and I always thought that I had very strong faith.  It certainly shaped  and directed every aspect of my life. But, for the very first time in my life, I truly understand the power and glory of God's undeserved Grace. I met some amazing women, made some life long friendships, learned a lot of lessons about love and grace, cried so hard that I thought I was all dried up, then laughed so hard that more tears fell, and then would experience more love and grace that the flood gates would open again!  I ultimately had an experience of a lifetime. I could go on-and-on about my experience, and I am sure you will hear a lot more as I process more and reshape the direction of my blogging, but it is truly an unexplainable experience that my just be experienced by yourself. 
 
This experience with Unidos en Christo, has taken up most of my mind and time in the last couple of weeks, and what other time I have had I have spent catching up with my girls, digging deeper into my Bible, processing and planning my new life and marriage out with my husband, and very little time blogging and social networking. Other than the three trips to the dentist in the last couple of weeks, that is about all I have done.  I really need to get some motivation and get back on the blogging bandwagon, but we also have a family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells in less than two weeks, and I leave for a  week long quilting retreat just over a week after that, and I am far from ready for any of them. 
 
That is a shortened summary, and I had a hard time containing my coffee date to this, but that is it for now. 

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, and you are mine."
- Isaiah 43:1b
 
God's Blessings,
Bekah

1 comment:

  1. Thank Jenny! It's been an amazing couple of weeks around here. It's going to be busy, but all to worth it! I also know of other BIG future plans in the mix for our family soon that I can't quite publish yet, but just keep praying for us.

    ReplyDelete