Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Coffee Date



Once again it is Friday!  This time I am writing from four hours away from home.  My husband has a meeting down here in Madison (Wisconsin), at the college for the John Deere Ag Technician program, and we get to tag along for some fun.  The hotel we are staying at has a waterpark, so that's where you will find the Gustafson girls for the weekend!

This week has been one of those weeks where God has shown me that he has plans for me, and they are certainly not the plans that I have had for myself. He has opened many doors for me this week. As I said in last weeks coffee date, I gave a speech at a get together for my UEC weekend.  This speech was very out of my normal, as I was asked to pour my heart out and speak about my journey with Christ. I was so nervous, shaking uncontrollably, as I haven't given a speech is over ten years and only ever for a speech class. But I got up there and did it! I poured my heart out. My husband said that there were people crying and laughing, and praising the Lord during my speech but most of all my message was heard. I spoke about my personal journey with Christ, but I also wanted everyone to know that we need to open our hearts completely to Him and trust Him to lead us in the plans that He has for us. Here is a blurp from the ending of my speech that might help with some insight:
"God says in Isaiah 43:1 “Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name and you are mine.” We are truly His now with opened hearts, His to execute His plans and trusting him to lead us just as he said in Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have in mind for you declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.” And that is what we have, plans for a hopeful future overflowing with God’s Grace."
I have had so much encouragement from my message, and have even had several pastors calling and asking to either use me and my speech in their sermons or asking me to come and speak. Not in a million years did I think this is what God would be calling me to do!

In this same way God is also telling me to continue with the direction that I thought my life would be going. I have been working hard at making a successful quilting business out of my home the last couple of years and this week I have had booming business.

Well, we are off to do some more splashing around, have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment