Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Coffee Date

 
I can't believe its Friday already! It has once again been a crazy week around here. Busy in the Gustafson house. Last weekend was nice and quiet and was spent catching up on sleep, and also spending an afternoon snowmobiling, of which is one of my favorite things to do with my husband. My husband got his wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, which is just no fun at all. I feel so bad when he is in pain and there is nothing I can do to help him. Dentists aren't really on my good side right now as I get to make my 4th trip back in next week to get a filling fixed from over a month ago, that is still giving me lots of problems.
 
 
But to cheer him up, he did buy himself a new truck this week. We needed something bigger than our F-250 Super Duty, so he bought an F-350 Diesel Super Duty with dually tires. Boys and their toys!! So one evening this week, the entire family piled into the new truck and took it out for a joyride, which is always fun to do.
 
Quilting rulers work great for other things too!
 
We also have been dumped with lots more snow this week. Monday we got about 6 inches, and we woke up this morning to another 13 inches and it is still falling. It took almost two hours just to get all plowed out this morning, and sadly I had to pull out my husband's John Deere 455 tractor and snow blower with my Ford Expedition this morning.  (Yes, we really love our Fords!) I usually love winter, but with all the snow and the dangerously cold temps, this is getting to be a LONG winter. 
 
 
Yes, there really is a house behind all that snow.
 
I have certainly have been challenged this week a lot in my personal life, as Neil and I are trying to find our new normal after a couple of life-changing experiences with UEC. I have also been asked to write and give a speech at a UEC event this weekend. I haven't written a speech since my freshman year in college, more than 10 years ago! I have it all written and am practicing it like crazy, but I am still scared to stand up in front of a lot of people and pour my heart out about my personal journey with Christ. It seems so easy when I am just writing it down or blogging about it, when there isn't a live audience. Well, that is about it for us here in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin. Hope you all have had a great week.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment