Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Coffee Date

 
Happy Spring to you all! This has been once again a busy and challenging week in the Gustafson home. It may be spring, but we are still buried in snow here in northern Wisconsin, the temps have been warmer thankfully.
Once again it is time to link up to Rags to Stitches blog for the weekly Friday Coffee Date. 
 
 
I spent much of last week and the weekend at a quilt retreat just outside of Paynesville, MN, about 2 1/2 hours from home. I had a wonderful time, enjoyed some wonderful fellowship and caught up with some great friends. I finished only two of the three projects that I had prepared to do because I just ran out of time. My little baby bug wasn't feeling well, so I ended up coming home a day early.

 
The above quilt is one quilt that I did complete last weekend. It is a Mini Swoon quilt designed by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms. It was a fun project, and I can't wait to get it quilted and hanging in my dining room. It is just perfect for spring.

 
I also made this quilt, and I used Scrumptious fabric also from Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms. The fabric is beautiful and again perfect for spring. I wrote my own pattern for this quilt and hope to get the finishing touches on that soon. I might just make some changes to this and add some cornerstones to break up all of the white. I just haven't decided for sure. The other thing that I can't decide on for this quilt is the name. Any suggestions out there?


 
And finally, this is what is next: a rag quilt for a client. I have never made a rag quilt so it is fun to try something new for someone else. It is going to bright and fun!

Well, that's all for now. I am hoping for a quiet week around here along with more quilting progress. I have so many quilts that I want to make, and not enough time to make them all. Once I get the few projects completed that I have going right now, I will have to get busy cleaning and packing as we have finally sold our house and plan on moving around Memorial Weekend. I also would like to have a garage sale in the end of April to get rid of lots of stuff!
I pray that you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment