Monday, March 10, 2014

Quilts, Quilts...and more Quilts!

First of all, I hope you like all the new look to the blog, I was really ready for a change. It was in need of a new look, something bright, springy, and fun. The old barn wood just wasn't doing it for me anymore.

Speaking of spring, it is on its way, or at least I hope so. It is 50 degrees out right now, and I am sitting here writing with my windows open. It has been a really long winter here in northern Wisconsin. Although I am sure we will get one more big dump of a snow storm here, we always seem to get one in March, after we had a little glimmer of spring. Last year May seemed like our typical March. We got dumped with 17" of snow in May 17 and still had snow on Memorial weekend.
 
 
But enough about winter, I have two major things on my mind this week, and that is the amazingly warm temps, and quilts! I am leaving in less than two days for a quilt retreat, and am really excited. I have some really fun projects ready to work on. So since I have quilting on my brain, I thought I would post some more pictures of a few of the quilts that I have made over the years.

 
I love to venture out once or twice a year and use our farm as a fun background for my pictures. I love the old buildings, fences, rust and chippy paint. It makes for some beautiful scenery. So I load up the trusty old John Deere Gator with my quilts, and usually my husband too, and trek out across the farm to get pictures like these.



 
  Did you notice that not one picture has snow in it?
I don't know that last time that happened...


And they remind me that spring is almost here...
 
 
And the grass will be green...
 
 
And there won't be a cloud in the sky...

 
The corn will be knee high by the 4th of July...

 
And soon this grain bin will be filled to the brim from the fall harvest... or so we hope.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment